Well, I just couldn't stand it.!!!
I saw the card below designed by Jill Foster on the Penny Black Facebook page and absolutely fell in love with the color combo (I call her the Queen of Color)....so I had to make something like it.
I have heard that imitating someone is a form of flattery...thanks Miss Jill for the inspiration!
(Sure hope I flattered her) :)
Not your typical Holiday colors.. yet it makes a gorgeous card!
- Main panel of card front is stamped using Festive Florals, then inked with Memento Peanut Brittle and Toffee Crunch with a bit of gesso added.
- The panel with the unusual Poinsettias was inked with Tim Holtz Peacock Feathers. Flicked plain water to achieve watercolor looking spots. The rest of this panel was inked with Memento Sweet Plum and Grape Jelly.
- Poinsettia was stamped with Grape Jelly. A few flicks from a paintbrush with Aqua paint. Wrapped twine and tied bow. Adhere to card front with foam adhesive.
- Stamped and inked a scrap of card stock for the Aqua panel at the bottom using the snowflakes from the Holiday Snippets set and a thin strip of Dark Purple card stock.
- Tiny tag was inked then heat embossed the sentiment.
Scrapy Land - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Monday - Watercolor
Penny Black: Tagged die, Festive Florals, La Fleur Rouge, Holiday Snippets
Imagine Crafts featuring Tsukineko: Memento Sweet Plum, Grape Jelly, Peanut Brittle, Toffee Crunch inks. VersaMark ink, White embossing powder
Ranger: Peacock Feathers ink
Lawn Fawn: Gold Metallic cord
Thanks so much for stamping by...
I love reading your comments! If you have a question, be sure to add your email address also, otherwise I have no way to answer you. :)
Each Friday I will give a shout out to all new Followers (click on "Join This Site" Button on the right side) and if you have a blog, I will make a link to you also.